Hang tags are the labels that are attached to the garments with a cord. Today we will talk about the importance of hangtag paper thickness and how to calculate it.
The thickness of a paper tag can be converted to weight. But, the most important factor in this conversion is the material of the paper. There are many types of paper tags that look the same but are different in weight. If we use the same paper stock for two tags, then they will be correlated in thickness and weight. Fortunately, there are scientific units of standard conversion from length to weight. We can use these standard units to draw correct conversion charts.
But first, we will learn about paper tags. We will see how important the measurement of paper thickness is. Let’s start with the basics:
What is a hangtag?
Hang tags are paper labels attached to your garments. These tags have your brand information on them. Such as the name and logo of your brand, care instructions, material, price, and more. Hang tags are important for marketing. Hang tags explain key information about the garment. They also represent your brand in the market. We put a lot of effort into the making of hang tags because they are the first thing a customer will notice. It is important to make hangtags that are helpful. They should look good to the eyes as well. Hang tags give information to the customers. They also attract them.
Why using hang tags for your garments is important:
- Hangtags help people see the price of your product without bothering to ask anyone.
- Hang tags have information about how to handle the product. This helps them understand how to wash or iron the garment. It helps them take better care of their clothes.
- Hangtags inform the customers about the material of the garment. It gives a clear chart of material used in percentage form. People can use it to choose clothes that are suitable for their skin type.
- Hangtags contain the logo of your brand. It helps you get a spot in the minds of shoppers.
- Some people collect beautiful and unique hang tags. Some use them as bookmarks because they are so beautiful. Your unique hang tag can stay with someone for years. What better marketing can you do?
Why is paper thickness important to calculate?
With every product of paper, it is important to know the weight and thickness. This affects the overall look of your product. It helps you better design the product. Different paper thicknesses and weights give you different results after printing. There are thousands of paper types in the market. You can use any of them according to your needs. That is why you need to learn how to draw a weight and length conversion chart yourself. With so many paper types, it is hard to have readymade information about a specific paper.
The easiest method to convert length into weight does not always work because the material can affect the weight of the paper. For example, if there are two similar-size slices on the table. One is made of clay, while the other is stone. They might look similar, but obviously, the stone will be heavier. That is how the paper material can affect the conversion of the length to the weight.
Importance of paper tags thickness and weight:
The weight and thickness of a hang tag are crucial for the design. They add to the aesthetics of your brand. If you go with a cheaper and low-quality paper tag, it can affect your brand name. In a store, the glitter is mostly considered gold. The better the hangtag, the more customers it will attract. Here are the main reasons that the thickness and weight of a hangtag are important,
- Hang tag represents your brand. You cannot let a cheap quality tag ruin your brand. The main purpose of a hang tag is to market your brand. It tells people the name of your product. It shows your logo. You cannot ignore the importance of a hang tag for the aesthetics of your brand.
- Hang tags should be practical. The right weight and thickness help in the functionality of the tags. A very heavy tag on a very light fabric will only ruin the shape of your garment.
- Customers tend to judge your product on the quality of your marketing material. Your hangtag is a litmus paper for them. If you use a cheap hangtag, the customers will consider your garments cheap too.
Calculating the thickness of hang tag paper
We have learned so far that it is important to calculate the right weight of the paper. You should do it before getting it printed as a hangtag. Here are the main tips to use for the right calculations.
- We know that the thickness of something remains the same despite the material. A block of cement and a block of wood is very different in weight. That weight does not affect their thickness. If they are both 1 inch thick, then despite the weight, they will remain so. You can use this to your advantage. Tell the thickness of the paper stock to your vendor and ask them about the weight.
- You should know how to convert thickness into weight. I advise that you should not depend on online calculation charts. They are not useful because they do not consider the material. You should use simple multiplication and convert the thickness into weight.
Hangtags represent your brand. They are a very important marketing tool. The good-quality hangtags should have the right length and weight. To measure the length and weight, you should draw the conversion chart and calculate it. The conversion is a must before giving the tags for printing to the manufacturer. Different papers have different weights due to their materials. It is important to correctly measure the weight of the paper while keeping the material in mind.
Here is a chart that will help you understand the process of conversion.
|Point (Pt)||Inches (in)||Millimeters (mm)|